Thursday, October 22, 2009

Three Word Thursday

Bubs. Sharing. Day.

So I was a bad mom last week, I forgot Bubs' sharing day last Thursday and did not realize it. It was on the calendar, but it would help to actually look at that calendar DAILY! There was no school on Friday (Teacher furlough day) so it wasn't until after school Monday that Bubs brought it to my attention. That night, we picked out the item to share, practiced his "speech," & sent it to school with him on Tuesday. He didn't do it Tuesday but said something about doing it in 2 weeks. Wasn't sure what he meant by that, but left it in the backpack all week just in case.

The night 2 nights, I mentionned sharing & we went over what he was going to say in front of the class. We practiced - the words, the sound of his voice, and looking out at the class.

Turns out what he was telling me was that he would do it in TWO DAYS. On Thursday he brought in his brown paperbag with the following 3 clues:

1. It's scary. (in a sc..ar...y voice)
2. It makes noise.
3. Its for Halloween.

Did you guess what it is?

I thought those were very broad clues and figured no one would guess it. I talked to his teacher during my volunteer time at the school today. First, I apologized about missing his original sharing date. She said that it was ok, but she only does sharing on Thursdays. The point of this sharing is that the kids get practice getting up in front of the class to talk. I mentionned that we had plenty of time to practice - the entire past week!

She said that the kids all seemed to guess what it was. (I'll have to ask him if he told his friends beforehand!) He did well and then she talked about his strange little man voice! Sort of deep, scratchy. How funny, I've had several people tell me that!

(Oh & by the way did you guess what it was? A toy zombie doll. When you squeeze it, its eyes light up red and this horrible screeching sound comes out of it.)

No comments: