Monday, October 12, 2009

Halloween Decorations

Last night, Bubs went through all the Sunday ads looking at Halloween Decorations. He always points out ones that he wants to get. He of course loves the fancy $100+ ones that move & jump out at you.

We found this Mad Scientist in the Cost Plus ad for $9.99. I thought - Great! Maybe I can pick that up for $10 bucks and make him happy. I told him, that if he really wanted to get it, he could buy it with his money.






He was definitely serious about this decoration. This morning he woke up & reminded me about the it once again. He went straight to his piggy bank and asked me how much he needed to take out. I said he could wait until after I pick it up, but only if I think it is worth it & not a piece of junk. At breakfast he got all excited when he saw the ad again.

Now, I have to break the bad news to him. I looked it up on-line & the item was actually on sale for $29.99. I even went by the store on my lunch hour & there is a notice of printing error on the door & by the item. I'm so bummed! This will break his heart! I can't tell him that I thought it was really cool too. But no, we didn't want to spend $30 on it! $10 would have been easy.

No comments: