Thursday, September 17, 2009

Three Word Thursday

Growing. Too. Fast.

I got an email with photo today of the birth of a baby boy born yesterday. It got me to thinking about my children's birth and how it almost seems like yesterday that I held them in my arms as newborns. In actuality its been 5 and 7 years! How hard that is to believe.

On Tuesday, Bubs let me hold him in my lap like a baby while he cuddled with me. He was heavy and his body extended in both directions way past the width of my lap. But his warmth felt good in my arms as he looked up at me with the same big brown eyes as he did as an infant.

Yesterday, K came running out of her room to me - "I've grown mom, I've grown!" I came quickly, wondering how she could be so sure that she had grown. To me, yes, she's bigger than she was when she was an infant, but seeing her day to day, she seems just about the same size. She jumped into her closet and showed me. We have been marking her wall in pencil with dates and lines since 2003 when we moved into the house. To my surprise - she was almost 2 inches since the last measurement. That measurement was in MAY! Wow. I looked down at her beautiful blue excited eyes and said that she must have been going through a growth spurt. She was so proud of herself.

And of course, its not pants season yet, so we'll see how hers fit as we move into fall (next week)!

No comments: