Friday, September 18, 2009

Just when I thought the girlie girl stage was over...

I think about it now & wonder.

Example 1: Today was Picture Day for the kids at school. I put sock's in K's hair last night to curl it. We practiced this once earlier this week. I'm just not sure what to expect out of pics though, because by the end of the day, her hair will be stick straight again. She will put up with the torture though of me rolling her hair, pulling it, tying the socks & then sleeping on it! She wakes up on time anxious for me to take it out. This morning we had big ringlets and from the moment I sprayed her hair to the moment I dropped her off at EDCC - she had a huge smile on her face. I had to tell her not to be so jumpy as she skipped everywhere. The curls just kept bouncing all around - I said they were really getting a workout & would soon go flat. She did her best from then on not to disturb her curls!

Example 2: Since school started, K has decided that she won't wear dresses to school. Or skirts and skorts. This, by the way, has been pretty much of her wardrobe. 2 weekends ago, K & I had a mommy/daughter weekend & had an opportunity to see WICKED in San Francisco. I told her I wanted her to get dressed up, so we went through her closet to pick out an outfit. We narrowed it down to 3 choices: dress pants and silky top, or 2 silky dresses. She tried the 2 dresses on and with each one spun around in front of her closet. In the end she picked the dress that spun around the most!

And I was thinking my little girlie girl was gone.

There's still hope.

Curls and spinning dresses!

No comments: