Thursday, September 03, 2009

Three Word Thursday

Taking. It. Literally.

Since Bubs has been sick, he hasn't quite got his appetite back. In the mornings before school, he would eat non stop. K noticed this & has been commenting lately about his eating habits. Last week I explained growth spurts causing a rise in eating habits. And then warned her that one day Bubs might be eating more than the other 3 of us combined! ...as a teenage boy!

This morning, Bubs drank a Danimal and had half a piece of toasted french bread. That was it. He said he couldn't finish the toast and that he was full. K told him that he was going to SHRINK if he didn't eat anything.

A few minutes later, I went down the hall to find Bubs in his room. He had been standing in front of his mirrored closet looking at himself. "I'M NOT SHRINKING!" He yelled when he heard me coming. I smiled and said he wasn't going to shrink. He just needed to eat a good breakfast. We need to eat healthy to grow big & strong.

I went to brush my teeth and Bubs followed. He crossed his arms on the bathroom counter, put his head down on them and sadly said "Mommy, I don't want to shrink."

No comments: