Thank. You. Librarians.
On Tuesday, it was Muffins with Mom at the kids school. I got to eat muffins & grapes, and drink coffee with the kids (who drank milk or orange juice). And then I took them to their classroom. Martin Luther King Day threw us all off on what day it was. It was Tuesday. K's library day. There was only one of the 2 books in her back to return. That meant she could not check out another and then the tears started rolling down her face, right there in the hallway. She was mad at me because I couldn't go home and get the book, or bring it back at lunchtime. I felt it only right to mention to her teacher why she was so upset first thing in the morning. But then I really had to run, or Bub was going to be late to his class. K's teacher reassured me & tried with K to say that it was going to be Ok.
I felt horrible. Library day means so much to the kids. K's in 2nd grade and that means she gets to check out 2 books. It crushed her when she couldn't check out any books that day. But, there was good news last night, K was happy to let me know that the librarian let her check out books anyway.
That reminded me though, that I had to tell Bubs there was no library for him this week. The librarian told me that she had a meeting and all morning classes to the library were cancelled. Now it was Bubs' turn to be upset about library, and not seeing his mom at school.
I got a note from the librarian this morning stating that she was sick and would be out today and tomorrow. I responded with a - thank you for the reminder and that Bubs was bummed. Here's her response...
"K" was in library yesterday and she forgot a book but I let her check out. One of her classmates asked why I let her. I wanted to just say she's special but I replied that her mom was my volunteer so you'd make sure it got back. the perks of having a volunteer mom, sometimes nice:)
I just have to say another THANKS! This warmed my heart today with all the rain & cold weather.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment