We’ve been waiting for K’s top front tooth to finally come out. It hung on for dear life. Daily, she pushed it forward & backward with her tongue. Loved showing off how it moved around. I squirmed every time she tried to show me. And then, Sunday morning, she was hiding from Bubs under a blanket on the family room floor. He decided to jump on top of her. And then the screaming began.
My tooth! He broke my tooth. “Bubs” broke MY TOOTH.
Bubs comes running through the kitchen. He’s crying! He saw blood and was upset that he hurt his sister.
I came down the hall to see what was going on. There’s always some sort of excitement going on in our house. I saw Bubs first, and then K & quickly called her to the kitchen. I ask “Is it bleeding?” Oh yes, I see it, come here! And I gave her a paper towel. And then the tears start coming, it feels funny she says. She goes to her room to look in the mirror and she thinks she looks ugly. Never going to smile again. This is an entirely new feeling coming from her. She was excited about losing her first 3 bottom teeth. But now, when it’s the FRONT middle tooth, she’s freaked out by it. Told me that she thinks the new tooth is not in the right place. Too far forward. Unfortunately, we already know braces are in her future, but forward is good. We need to make room for these big new teeth.
It only took a little time, but we got her excited about telling the grandparents. We even got to show the grandparents in Vegas via webcam!
To top off the excitement for the day, we momentarily lost the tooth. It was on a napkin & I thought for sure I had thrown all the napkins away. Luckily Grandpa Jim was there to save the day and found it on the dinner table. We stopped K’s tears once again with the good news. She had a tooth to give to the tooth fairy.
The next morning, I wasn’t sure K even remembered the tooth, she didn’t come running with excitement. Instead, she walked into the kitchen in her PJ’s & started the morning conversation after a few minutes with “The tooth fairy didn’t give me as much as last time.”
Surprised – how much did you get?
“2 dollars”
How much did you get last time.
“3 coins, I think 2, 25 cents and one gold one.”
(it was actually 2, 50 cent pieces and a $1 coin)
But I said, then that would have been $1.50 and this time you got 2 dollars. Did you get 2 bills?
“No, it was a green bill with a 2 on it.”
Really, that’s pretty cool! You don’t see too many of those around, that’s special. Where is it? Can I see it?
“I already put it in my piggy bank”
And that was that. Sorry, no big bucks from the Tooth Fairy!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment