We had onions on the table last night for those who wanted to add them to their salad. K asked how the onions make you cry. Grandma M, Daddy & I all attempted to answer, but I don’t think it was any clearer than when we had started. She took the bowl of chopped onions and put it near her eyes to see if it would make her cry. Unfortunately the onion had been chopped earlier so she didn’t get to feel its effects. I told her next time I cut up a new onion I’ll have her try it out.
Later at dinner, I got sappy and had some tears come down my face. Tried real hard for it not to happen, but just couldn’t help myself. K looked across from me at the table and asked me why I was crying. Then she asked – “Is it because of the onions?!”
That made me laugh to the point that I was laughing so hard I was crying more.
It was just what I needed!
Monday, November 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment