Thursday, August 27, 2009

Three Word Thursday

Breaks. My. Heart.

To see my kids cry. Why do kids have to be so mean?

We had a great morning & once again got out of the house on time. (Yay!!) I dropped Bubs off at his EDCC building while K walked in hers. She was all smiles! We all were. But everything changed when I walked through her EDCC doors. I heard sobbing & then looked up to see her with tears down her face. She had tried to join a pair of kids playing on the floor and apparently they told her she could not play with them. I couldn't get a whole lot of info out of her, but I tried to comfort her. I told K that, yes, what they did was not nice. We should make sure never to treat anyone else like that. We know how it feels. There were plenty of other things to do, was it possible to do something else? "No" she said :( I wiped her tears & gave her a bunch of big hugs. The teacher started talking to her, distracting her. I asked her for a smile - she tried. And then I had to leave. Thinking about it now, saddens me! I know she was probably fine a little while later. But it really breaks my heart - I can't wait to see her when I get home. More hugs are waiting!!

No comments: