We try & try, but I can't seem to get the kids to bed any earlier than 8pm. There's just not enough time in the evening after I get home from work to get them in bed any earlier. Bubs still gets a nap at school, so he's harder to get to bed because he's really "tired" yet. Then again, we've been so busy lately that he hasn't been a problem. K goes to bed, no problem! She's tired from a full day of school & softball practice, or CCD, or girl scouts. Unfortunately she's like me & wants to try and do everything!
It's the mornings that are a problem. I will turn each of the kids lights on and ask them to get up. Bubs is usually hungry so he gets up, gets dressed and eats. K on the other hand will lay in bed until I start to get upset (15 min or so later). I hate to think that my 6 1/2 year old needs an alarm clock set, but I decide to try something. I thought I would set an alarm that she would have to get out of bed to turn off. I would kindly wake her up as normal, but when the alarm went off it was time to get out of bed. Easy enough right?
The first day - she was mad because she said she wanted to wake up to the alarm. (Now, honestly, who really wants to do that? - she'll learn!) So the next day, I set it earlier so she could wake up to it. I came to check on her 10 min after it should have gone off and she's still in bed with lights out. I ask her if the alarm went off. "Yes." Well then why aren't you out of bed. "I didn't know it was time to get up." Oh come on - what was the alarm for? I just don't know what to do. Every morning is another adventure to get out the door for school.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment