The way things went this morning makes me so happy! It was a smooth morning. I did have to wake the kids up - but this time I gave them enough time, so they didn't have to jump out the bed & hurry out the door. They got dressed easily (because clothes were picked out last night!). They had time to eat. I remembered vitamins, jackets, hats, everything! Everyone was happy & there were lots of hugs & smiles. I wish every day could go as well as this one. AND I made it to work 1/2 an hour early as planned. Way to Freak Show Family!
Bubs now really likes to sit next to K at the dinner table to do homework with her. I write down letters or numbers down the side of a page & he copies them right next to mine. He does a good job. I think he has my eye for drawing what I see. He can copy well. So well, that last night I gave him numbers to copy. Passed the paper back to him & he got right to work. By the time he said, "I'm finished mom." I looked at him finishing up & the entire page was upside down. He did the whole column of numbers like that! I'll have to pay more attention next time!
Bubs starts Kindergarten next year. I hope he's ready - he's got a few months to get prepared. K sees how much we want Bubs to learn his letters & numbers that she's even started to jump in and help. Wednesday night I came home to find them playing school together. She had a little chalk board & was writing out letters & shapes for him to recognize. Flashback to me & my brother! I remember those days - is that how he got so smart??!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment