Monday, June 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, K!

6 years old yesterday. I'm having a hard time believing that we have a 6 year old. My age so far has not affected me, but this has been in my head all the past week. SIX! Unbelievable. Yesterday it was even more clear when someone asked her how old she now was. She always likes to show it with her fingers & she put up 5. Realizing she was short, she had to put her cup down & put up one more finger from her other hand. She's moved on to showing her age with 2 hands! I guess the next milestone will be double digits!

She had the birthday she asked for yesterday. A Chuck E Cheese party. The first party outside of the house. Also the cheapest place around. I just thought for age 6, lets invite her friends. So we invited our playgroup & neighbors - the playgroup she's been in since she was about 6 months old. Her friends, her best friend, & siblings. That totaled 18 kids! No way could we have pulled that off in our house. This was the best, no preparation required party. I feel bad, but I didn't even make the cake. For the kids & parents, I bought a cake from Costco. I didn't feel too bad though because it tasted good & she got to pick it out. Chocolate cake, chocolate filling with white frosting topped off with of course, a Princess. For an hour she was off with her coins & friends playing games. The last 1/2 hour she ate pizza, had cake, danced with Chuck E Cheese & took some photos. She had a smile on her face the entire party. That is of course until we had to leave. Tears because 1. we were leaving & 2. she just got kicked in the face climbing behind someone up the play structure. (No marks today though - she's fine!)

Her birthday carried on all day with another party from 3pm-5 for a 4 year old friend (who also attended her party!). We got to ride the caboose of the Sunol Train from Sunol to Fremont & back (20 min each way). It was fun for the kids, but with all the excitement of the day - we were exhausted!! I must say it was pretty easy getting them to bed last night.

Today K woke up and went to school for the first time as a 6 year old. Is it possible that I actually see her older in my eyes? She is definitely growing up!! Sometimes I'm afraid its just way too fast! Wasn't I just holding her in my arms in the delivery room? She was only 5 lbs 13 ounces (a day late too!) how could she now be 43 lbs?

And reading her own birthday cards! Way to make us proud!

Happy birthday, K!
We love you, Mom & Dad

No comments: