
Its amazing how seeing Daddy & his truck first thing in the morning can change the kids moods! Just as we were leaving the house today, the kids fought over who could turn off the TV. Amazing what they fight over! K was mad at me because I put her hair up on the side of her head & not the middle “like I should have.” There were tears. We all made it in the car though. Then I realized I forgot my cell phone so I ran back into the house to get it & drove off.
I used that cell phone to call Daddy to see where he was at. Sure enough he was not far from us since his route is in Dublin. We pulled into the Big Lots parking lot & their eyes lit up when they saw the “Chip Truck.” He came out of the store to greet us & within minutes we were off to their schools. But now they were in a better mood & there were no more tears! I got my hugs & kisses from each of them and the morning ended much better than it started.
Until that is – I got a call while pulling into my work parking lot. My dear neighbor called me to say I left the garage door open! I knew it as soon as I saw her number on my phone. That just sums up my Wednesday morning! She helped close it for me & we all got on with our day. Yeah hump day is almost over!
I used that cell phone to call Daddy to see where he was at. Sure enough he was not far from us since his route is in Dublin. We pulled into the Big Lots parking lot & their eyes lit up when they saw the “Chip Truck.” He came out of the store to greet us & within minutes we were off to their schools. But now they were in a better mood & there were no more tears! I got my hugs & kisses from each of them and the morning ended much better than it started.
Until that is – I got a call while pulling into my work parking lot. My dear neighbor called me to say I left the garage door open! I knew it as soon as I saw her number on my phone. That just sums up my Wednesday morning! She helped close it for me & we all got on with our day. Yeah hump day is almost over!

No comments:
Post a Comment